- This event has passed.
Suits & Sneakers – Ignite 2019
March 28, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pmR20 – R150
Suits & Sneakers hosts a monthly event in Gauteng with a different theme each time round. In March, our focus shifts toward entrepreneurship. SMEs are the lifeblood of the South African economy and the only real solution to lowering the high levels on unemployment in South Africa. With this in mind, we thought we would put an event together where we gather a group of experienced entrepreneurs and extract the many lessons that they have learned along their journey.
Regardless of whether you are an entrepreneur or have a job, you want to attend this event to gain vital insights into the mind of an entrepreneur! There are so many skills you learn as an entrepreneur that is transferrable across every industry and/or business sector including creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving.
WHO IS BEING INTERVIEWED ON THE NIGHT?
- Mark Sham (founder/CEO of Suits & Sneakers)
- Mushambi Mutuma (founder/CEO of Altivex)
- Marnus Broodryk (founder/CEO of The BeanCounter and SME.Africa)
- Dinesh Patel (founder/CEO of OrderIn)
- Leah McCrae (founder/CEO of The Park, House of Events on 7)
- Benji Coetzee (founder/CEO of EmptyTrips)
- Allon Raiz (founder/CEO of Raizcorp)
- Justin Drenan (co-founder of Parcel Ninja, wantitall.co.za, and insurance.co.za)
- Mike Stopforth (founder of Cerebra)
- Gilan Gork (founder of The Influence Institute)
- Matsi Modise (founder/CEO of Furaha Afrika Holdings)
- Darren Smithson (founder/CEO of DMS Plumbing)
- Mike Sham (founder/CEO of The Johannesburg International Flower Show)
There are still a few names to be announced. Keep checking in!
TOPICS BEING DISCUSSED ON THE NIGHT:
- Mind of the entrepreneur
- How to start a business
- Scaling your business
- Funding/Venture Capital
- Structure, operations, finance
- Hiring of staff
- Company culture
- Entrepreneurship education
- Building the life you’ve always wanted